You’re ready for longer days and sunshine. Is your house ready, too? Here are a few tips to save you money and energy during the warmer months:
- Check that all your HVAC registers are clear and uncovered.
- Do your laundry, cooking and baking in the morning or at night.
- Switch your ceiling fan to run counterclockwise.
- Raise the thermostat a few degrees when you go to bed or leave the house.
- Move the garage refrigerator into an air conditioned space like the basement or mudroom where it won't have to work as hard to keep cool.