Attendance: Amy Hall-Haney, Matt Wagner, Jessica English, Lt. Matt Welsh, Jeff Wozencraft, Chief Greg Smith, Denise Klemp, Mayeken Yoder
- Treasurer's Report - Amy Hall-Haney - Current account balance $2,343.98 after postcards and PO Box have been paid for. Need to cut a check to Amy for egg hunt reimbursement. All expenses will be submitted to City. Still waiting on HyVee check for CANA Connect local business directory sponsorship. Nicole has recently followed up on that.
- CRPD Update - Lt. Welsh - Review of recent calls for service.
- CRFD Update - Chief Smith - Review of Neighborhood News.
- City Update - Jeff Wozencraft/Matt Wagner - Reminder of MyCR app nuisance reporting. City is looking for feedback on dual-use intergenerational sports center in Cedar Rapids. Communications are going out on a survey for that.
- Community Safety & Wellness Fair 2023 - George Heeren - Saturday, June 10th from 10am to 1pm at Cleveland Park. Next committee meeting scheduled for 5/2 at 6pm at Central Church of Christ (tentatively).
- Quarterly Postcard Campaign - Postcards arrived in mailboxes on Saturday/today. Amy paid for these in the amount of $738.66 for printing and postage.
- Other Business
- Easter Egg Hunt Recap - Total expenses were $598.70. We had between 50-60 kids in attendance and they were allowed to collected their eggs twice since we had prepared so many prizes. Leftover prizes will be used next year and will reduce costs in 2024. Photos are shared on our CANA Facebook page. Thank you to Amy for organizing, neighbors for volunteering, and friends and families who participated this year!
- Neighborhood Clean-Up Day Recap - We had four neighbors participate and collected four bags of trash. We have lots of 1-Bag Challenge bags with gloves still available if neighbors are interested in doing their own clean up.
- Mayor Tiffany O’Donnell will be in attendance at our May CANA meeting.
Next Meeting: Monday, May 15th, 2023 at 7:00pm - NO LIVE STREAM