- Our neighborhood street and water main improvements will begin in 2020 and go through 2022 in two phases
- Water drainage issues in our neighborhood will be addressed by additional drainage systems within the streets
- Work will be permitted around the school year as accessibility to Jefferson High School is critical to the general flow of traffic in our neighborhood
- Sidewalks will not be commonly installed in the neighborhood, with the exception in two areas where sidewalks will be finished as they are currently incomplete pathways (corner of Chandler St / 8th Ave as well as 20th St to 16th Ave)
- The width of the streets will be decreased to 28 feet, which is 2 feet wider than City of Cedar Rapids standards
- Neighbors will have limited access to driveways during certain construction periods, but will be notified by door hangings before the work that limits accessibility is complete
- Traffic procedures at the current "Y" intersection of 20th St SW and Chandler St SW will be updated
Other notable updates are included in the attachment from the City's presentation below. The attachment also includes a public feedback form and contact information for the City Engineer, Lee Tippe, as well as Todd Happel with Anderson Bogert engineering services. Additional public meetings will be held closer to the start of the residential street and water main improvements.