The art will become visible when the pavement gets wet and will last up to four months. Goals of this project are to:
- Build awareness of the Community Climate Action Plan
- Increase understanding of climate challenges facing Cedar Rapids residents
- Create surprise and delight with temporary public art installations
- Highlight local knowledge, community skills, and experiences to design and create temporary art
- Encourage emerging local artists to create art in the public realm
Rain art will be placed at bus stops and trail locations around the City. Installations will occur in May 2023. A $500 stipend will be available for up to 10 finalists.
The deadline for submissions is April 2, 2023. Local high school/post-secondary students and emerging artists are encouraged to apply.