Attendance: George Heeren, Amy Hall-Haney, Bryce Dake, Jeff Wozencraft, Denise Klemp, Gaylon Heetland, Henrietta Mueller, Jackie MacLaren, Curtis Hopper, Annette Lorenz, Lt. Mat Welsh
- Treasurer’s Report - Amy Hall-Haney - In FY22, we have received $2,173.49 from our $10,000 city budget and once our request for reimbursement of our live streaming equipment in the amount of $745.62 is added, that will make $2,919.11. This will leave CANA with $7,080.89 yet to spend.
- Live Streaming Update - Equipment has been purchased in the noted amount of $745.62. Unfortunately, due to family emergency, Nicole Schroeder is not in attendance to utilize the new equipment. We plan to have this at our April 2022 meeting and continue streaming our live meetings to Facebook and improve efficiencies as we move forward to accommodate the accessibility needs of our neighbors.
- CRFD Report - CRFD is finishing their hiring process with 16 potential firefighters and they are anticipating to hire 6 of them. Review of Neighborhood News.
- SAFE-CR Report - Annette Lorenz - Neighbors in CANA have reported an unauthorized burning of trash in the neighborhood. This has been resolved through SAFE-CR. As always, please contact non-emergency police or submit any neighborhood concerns through the CR Mobile App.
- City of Cedar Rapids - Jeff Wozencraft - Parks are re-opening and City is looking for 160 seasonal workers. Shared that Paving for Progress will continue in the Chandler St / 20th St SW area this spring as well as the Paving for Progress work between 18th St SW and Rockford Rd SW. Jeff will be sending CANA information on that via email to share in future neighborhood correspondence.
- Gaylon shared the concerns regarding speeding along 8th Ave SW. He will continue to work with the City to follow up on action items for this.
- Neighborhood Finance Corporation - Bryce Dake - Shared an update on NFC financing opportunities for neighbors. There are available funds up to $10,000 in forgivable loans that have been helping Cedar Rapidians with derecho repairs/recovery efforts. More information is available on their website: https://www.neighborhoodfinance.org
- Cleveland Park Update - George Heeren is reaching out to City Parks and Recreation Department and will be inviting new Parks Director to CANA meeting in April to introduce himself and share how we continue to support city efforts to keep Cleveland Park and other parks near CANA clean, safe, and engaging for neighbors. CANA is interested in supporting the City to upgrade the parking lot area and add a mural to the structure in the park in 2022.
- Other business:
- George Heeren is interested in obtaining more information on resources for the elderly and home-bound neighbors in CANA. There are resources locally at Kirkwood Community College and other agencies he will be following up with. We will be working on communications that best reach the elderly population, including print marketing materials.
- Gaylon Heetland will be working with the Parks and Recreation Department to add another piece of playground equipment to Cleveland Park yet in FY22.
Minutes submitted by George Heeren - standing in for Nicole Schroeder
Next Meeting: Monday, April 18th at 7:00pm