Attendance: George Heeren, Jeff Wozencraft, Myra Matejka, Jackie MacLaren, Chayton Wendler, Holly Huggins, Ashley Vanorny, Greg Smith, Cory McGarvey, Amy Haney, Annette Lorenz, Nicole Schroeder
- Introductions - Welcome to new meeting attendees!
- Treasurer’s Report - Nicole Schroeder: Current bank balance is $1,060.52 with no account activity in the last 30 days. Our Playground Project account is currently at $68,781.33 with one final $5,000 grant being deposited. These funds will be transferred to the City of Cedar Rapids bank account for payment purposes prior to the project.
- CRFD - Chief Smith: Review of Neighborhood News, including upcoming State of the City Address and Seasonal Job Fair.
- SAFE CR - Annette Lorenz: 21 active nuisance rental properties and 80 active nuisance owner-occupied properties in the SW quadrant (not just CANA). No major nuisance properties to report at this time. Annette will report on compliant properties at the next meeting, including CANA properties in question from previous meetings.
- CRPD - Lt. McGarvey: Review of 2018 vs. 2019 Police Calls for Service. New officers to CRPD are now on solo patrol. New class of officers begins soon. Lt. McGarvey will be standing in for Lt. Harrison until his replacement is assigned to CANA.
- City of Cedar Rapids - Jeff Wozencraft: City is organizing Volunteer Week in April. Events TBA for neighborhoods. Reminder to watch for 2020 Census information coming.
- City Council - Ashley Vanorny: CR is 1 of 30 cities in competition to register the most voters in 2020. “Undesign the Redline” initiative beginning in Fall 2020. New City of Cedar Rapids flag will be launching on Citizens Day (June 2020). Current District 5 notices for City Council meetings are being announced on Ashley’s Facebook page. Jackie MacLaren asked about digging on easement on 20th St / Chandler St SW. Ashley did not know anything about this nor did neighbors at the meeting. Nicole Schroeder will follow up on this with Annette Lorenz and Chief Greg Smith.
- Myra Matejka: Introduction as Libertarian party for Iowa House District 70
- Cleveland Park Playground Project: Review of final designs. Anticipated ground-breaking will be in July 2020.
- Safety Fair: Saturday, June 20th from 10am to 1pm at Cleveland Park. More information to come as CANA is launching the “Name The Fair” contest on 3/1.
- Cleveland Elementary PTA: Nicole Schroeder attended the Cleveland Elementary PTA to share information about CANA, Cleveland Park Playground Project, and Safety Fair. PTA requested support for classroom snacks from neighbors as well as event donations and volunteers. More information is available on their Facebook page.
- Easter Egg Hunt - Ann Haney: Saturday, April 11th at 11am. There will be 3 age groups (4 and under, 5 to 7 years, and 7 to 10 years) with activities beforehand. Ann will be coordinating 3,000 eggs and families will be asked to bring their own baskets. Easter Egg Hunt Planning Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 3rd at 6pm at Central Church of Christ.
Meeting adjourned at 8:22pm.